August 26, 2021
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please note that as the City is continuing its response to the current COVID-19 health crisis, it is important to keep members of the public, our Planning Commission, and staff as safe as possible. For that reason, this meeting will be conducted as a remote video conference meeting. We will continue to update you as needed.
You may join by computer or smartphone at:
Meeting number: 179 591 6687 Event password: Planning
You may join by telephone at: +1-408-418-9388 Access code: 179 591 6687
If you are unable to participate, you may submit written testimony to [email protected] not later than 10am on August 26, 2021.
1. ROLL CALL
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – August 5, 2021
3. CIP TRANSFERS
4. MINOR SUBDIVISION FINAL PLANS – 6001 HOLABIRD AVENUE (First District)
5. MINOR SUBDIVISION REVISED DEVELOPMENT PLAN – 4305, 4307 BUCHANAN AVENUE (Seventh District)
6. PLANNING COMMISSION RULES ADOPTION – UPDATE TO CODE OF BALTIMORE REGULATIONS ANNOTATED (COBRA) FORMATTING (Citywide)
7. CITY COUNCIL BILL #21-0098/ ZONING – CONDITIONAL USE CONVERSION OF A SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING UNIT TO 5 DWELLING UNITS IN THE R-8 ZONING DISTRICT – VARIANCES – 1100 WEST LAFAYETTE AVENUE (Ninth District)
For the purpose of permitting, subject to certain conditions, the conversion of a single-family dwelling unit to 5 dwelling units in the R-8 Zoning District on the property known as 1100 W. Lafayette Avenue (Block 0079, Lot 001), as shown on the accompanying plat with the lot number circled. (Councilmember Bullock)
8. CITY COUNCIL BILL #21-0087/ REZONING – 100 EAST 23RD STREET, 2300 SAINT PAUL STREET, 2305 SAINT PAUL STREET, 2313 SAINT PAUL STREET, AND 2317 SAINT PAUL STREET (Twelfth District)
For the purpose of changing the zoning for the properties known as 100 East 23rd Street, 2300 Saint Paul Street, 2305 Saint Paul Street, 2313 Saint Paul Street, and 2317 Saint Paul Street, as outlined in red on the accompanying plat, from the OR-2 Zoning District to the C-1 Zoning District. (Councilmember Stokes)
9. CITY COUNCIL BILL #21-0108/ CITY PROPERTY – RENAMING JAMES MOSHER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TO BILLIE HOLIDAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Ninth District)
For the purpose of changing the name of James Mosher Elementary School, located at 2400 Mosher Street, to Billie Holiday Elementary School. (Councilmembers Bullock, Porter)
10. CITY COUNCIL BILL # 21-0109/ CITY PROPERTY – RENAMING CALVERTON ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL TO KATHERINE JOHNSON GLOBAL ACADEMY (Eighth District)
For the purpose of changing the name of Calverton Elementary/Middle School, located at 201 North Bend Road, to Katherine Johnson Global Academy. (Councilmembers Bullock, Porter)
** Item #10 is POSTPONED **
11. MINOR SUBDIVISION FINAL PLANS / 1603 SOUTH ROAD (Fifth District)
12. SUBDIVISION FINAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN APPROVAL/ 1401 EAST PRATT STREET (PERKINS I - BLOCK B) (Twelfth District)
13. DESIGN MANUAL ADMINISTRATIVE APPEAL/ 1030 WEST CROSS STREET – RETAIN ROOFTOP DECK (Tenth District)
14. FINAL DESIGN APPROVAL/ CROSS KEYS PUD #2 – QUESTAR BUILDING (Sixth District)
15. CITY COUNCIL BILL #21-0113/ ARTICLE 32 – ZONING – MODIFICATIONS (NO VOTE – PRESENTATION AND TESTIMONY ONLY) (Citywide) **
For the purpose of making needed changes to certain provisions that, during the course of actively operating under the new Zoning Code, were discovered to be functionally impractical or otherwise in need of modification to abate previously unanticipated consequences; specifying that certain applications under the Zoning Code be filed either with the Board of Municipal and Zoning Appeals or the Zoning Administrator; extending certain time limits for the Board to act; authorizing the Zoning Administrator or the Board of Municipal and Zoning Appeals to deny an application under certain circumstances; modifying the outdoor seating specifications; authorizing certain reviews by the Site Plan Review Committee; authorizing that certain matters reviewed by the Site Plan Review Committee be approved by the Director of Planning; modifying certain off-street parking requirements; clarifying and establishing certain exceptions to bicycle parking design standards; establishing certain rules for certain circumstances involving signs; providing for measurement methodologies for building frontages; allowing electronic signs and painted/mural signs in residential districts, subject to conditional approval by the Board of Municipal and Zoning Appeals; specifying a time period after which the authorization for a conditional sign expires; specifying certain zoning district requirements; defining certain terms; correcting, clarifying, and conforming certain provisions; and generally relating to the zoning and land-use laws of the City of Baltimore.
** Item #15 is POSTPONED **
This agenda was prepared on the assumption that all necessary materials have been made available in suggestion time for consideration by the Planning Commission at this meeting. This agenda was prepared on the assumption that all necessary materials have been made available in suggestion time for consideration by the Planning Commission at this meeting. There are occasionally changes in this agenda when relevant materials have not been delivered to the Department of Planning on schedule.
For any item marked (**), please call the Department of Planning at 410-396-8358 for the most current information. The meeting will be held by video conference only, with the connection and dial-in instructions at the top of this agenda.