NEW Community Association Directory (CAD) Launched
Tuesday Aug 10th, 2021
We have some exciting news to share! Last year, the Department of Planning committed to updating the format of the Community Association Directory (CAD) for the first time in twenty years, and the new directory is now available in its new format at this link: https://cityservices.baltimorecity.gov/cad/. We are asking all community groups to update your association's information by September 30th, 2021. Updates and changes can be completed via the CAD link noted above.
Based on comments from City agencies, City Council, and neighborhood representatives, the Department of Planning and Baltimore City's Office of Information and Technology (BCIT) have added a number of new features and changes. These include:
- The types of groups eligible to register will be: (1) neighborhood groups, (2) community-based business associations, and (3) community development agencies. Some of the other groups now in the directory will be moved to a resource page. (Click here for more information on how these groups are defined.)
- An annual update will be required. Associations will receive annual notifications to keep their information up to date.
- Inactive groups or those that do not update their information in the timeframe requested will appear as inactive (but relevant information will not be deleted).
- Each association will be asked to provide additional information that will give users a more complete picture of each group.
- The export capabilities have been improved.
Please note, the directory is self-reporting, so community associations will continue to be able to register or update their information themselves. City government is not responsible for the information entered by a neighborhood association representative. However, the individual/organization entering the registration or update will be asked to certify that the information is true.
I invite you to visit the new Community Association Directory at the link listed above to learn about its new features. You may want to read the FAQ's page to learn more details. Your organization will receive additional reminders about the September 30th deadline for this update.