GIS & Mapping
The Planning Department provides GIS-based information and analysis to support planning initiatives, as well as other City Agencies, City agencies, City Council, the Mayor’s Office, community organizations, and the general public.
Other Interactive Resources
CityView – Explore the City’s many GIS data layers in CityView, and determine if a specific address falls within the boundary of a particular district or City program.
CodeMap - Explore citywide housing data, from major developments to vacant building notices. Turn layers on and off to view only the data of interest.
OpenBaltimore – Download Baltimore City data, including in GIS format.
- Neighborhood Statistical Areas
- Neighborhood Statistical Area w/ Zip Codes
- Neighborhood Statistical Areas w/ Council Districts
- Neighborhood Statistical Areas w/ Legislative Districts
- Community Planning Districts
- Historic Districts
- Neighborhood Plans
- Zoning Districts
- Maritime Industrial Zoning Overlay District
- Urban Renewal Plans
- Enterprise Zones
- Voting Wards & Precincts
- City Council Districts
- City Council & Police Districts
- Police Districts
- State Legislative Districts
- Congressional Districts
Map and Data Requests
In addition to the above resources, The Planning Department prepares a variety of custom data and maps for interested parties.
Please fill out the request form or call (410) 396-7526 to make a request. Please allow 1-2 weeks for completion of these requests. If you requested a paper map, wait until an employee confirms your map is ready to be picked up before coming in. We do not have maps in stock.
Paying for a map online
- Locate your invoice number (provided to you over email)
- Go to https://pay.baltimorecity.gov/CityInvoices/
- Enter your invoice number and click “Search”
- Enter your information and preferred payment method
- Once done, save your receipt for your own records.
*Invoices may take up to 24 hours to show up in system. If you can’t locate your invoice in the system after 24 hours, reach out to the person who provided it to you.
Picking up your map
Maps can be picked up during normal business hours (8:30am-4:30pm) on the 8th floor of the Benton Building, 417 E Fayette St.
*Make sure your map is ready before coming to pick it up.
While the map creation and data analysis service is free and can be shared electronically at no charge, the Department charges a fee for printing maps out at a large size in order to cover printing costs.
Printing Costs for 3 Ft x 4 Ft maps:
-$50 for color
-$25 for black and white
Other Available Printing Locations:
- City Print Shop - 410-396-5741 – Only available to City agencies (will mount posters)
- FedEx Printing - 410-467-2454 (will mount and laminate posters)