Online Community Association Directory
The Community Association Directory (CAD) is a comprehensive listing of community associations in Baltimore City, including community associations, business associations, and community development corporations. The Directory includes association names, contact information, boundary descriptions, dates of meetings and elections, and district designations.
The listings in the CAD are self-reported. That is, each organization voluntarily lists its boundaries and contact information. As long as the contact information is valid, and the boundaries make sense, the City allows the group to be listed. City government is not responsible for verifying or monitoring the information provided by each group.
Community Association or Neighborhood Statistical Area?
Baltimore City creates a map of neighborhoods called “Neighborhood Statistical Areas.” The boundaries are based on U.S. Census-designated areas and allow the City government to access and provide Census information on a neighborhood level. The Census Bureau requires that every property be shown in one and only one neighborhood designation. The boundaries often match those reported by neighborhood associations. However, some discrepancies may exist due to Census area boundaries that do not match exactly with self-reported neighborhood association boundaries. These discrepancies are expected when two different systems of designation are used.
Steps to add or update an organization’s registration
- To add a new association select the "Register Association" tab
- To update an existing association, select the “Search/Update Association” tab and type the Association’s name in the “Association Name” search field.
- Fill out the blank fields and update as needed. Be sure to fill out all required fields.
- Once data fields are as complete as possible, review keyed in data for quality and accuracy purposes.
- Once data is confirmed, select the submit button located at the bottom of the form. Please note that it may take several days for your updates to be visible in the directory.
Note about Popups: Some features of this application require opening windows commonly referred to as popups. If a popup is blocked, a bar should appear at the top of the browser viewer area. Click this with the left mouse key and follow the instructions to allow popups for the site.
Note to Internet Edge Users: Some users have reported problems performing exports in Internet Edge. If you experience this issue, try adding the application to the Trusted sites list.
For questions, please contact the Department of Planning:
- [email protected]
- 410.396.PLAN (7526)