Govans Elementary School
Image courtesy USA Architects.
Where We Are Today and Next Steps
The Department of Planning (DOP) introduced INSPIRE at the Govans Elementary School on November 27, 2018. While there was a pause during the pandemic, the program re-launched engagement in Fall of 2022. The Govans Elementary INSPIRE Plan was adopted by the Planning Commission on December 21, 2023 at 10:30am. Please follow this link to view the Final INSPIRE Plan for Govans Elementary School.
With its adoption, the Govans INSPIRE Plan is an official city document and can be used for the guiding of public and private investments in the INSPIRE planning area. Jaffa Weiss and Marie Anderson welcome conversations about community-led implementation of the plan; please contact us with any questions or comments.
Maps and data
- Community Information: Govans Neighborhood Data Profile
- Neighborhood Context: Govans INSPIRE Base Map
- Govans Elementary Walking Routes
The “Listen” phase of INSPIRE is focused on gathering information. In addition to working with community members, DOP staff begin to review existing neighborhood plans and history; and collect demographic data.
- Govans INSPIRE Launch at Govans PTO (November 27, 2018)
- Govans INSPIRE Presentation
- Govans INSPIRE Re-engagement (Fall 2022)
- Lortz Lane Project